Durniplot

7 sujets de 1 à 7 (sur un total de 7)

• Durniplot

Hello friends!

My name is Henning, and I am a 40 year old Norwegian male. I am new to this forum, but not new to Amiga. I had a lot of fun with my A500 and various expansions and pheripals from 1988 to christmas of 1996, when sadly the “magic smoke” escaped, and it stopped working.

From 1997 and onwards I’ve mainly been a PC/Windows user, and mostly for “serious” stuff such as school/work, and for playing games I’ve had all the various Xbox-versions.

For the past couple of years, I’ve been slowly coming back to dabbling with the Amiga as pasttime, and finally I am getting to experience some the cool things I read about back in the day, but never had access to, such as the CDTV, A1200/AGA and lately the CD32.

For the time being I am trying to get my original A500 (rev 5, red leds, KS1.2) back in shape and running with the VXL-030 I used originally, and I am also trying to collect some (A500) peripherals, mainly from Commodore. My second project is building a small software library for a CD32 I purchased earlier this year.

Anonyme

Welcome man !

Mod

Amigars

Welcome again!

For your A500, try to describe here what symptoms it faces, maybe we can help even if we are relatively far from you 🙂

Regarding your CD32, if not done yet, you’ll need to think about replacing all the caps (capacitors) in it if you would like to enjoy your console for a longer time. Those caps tend to leak and destroy copper tracks on the motherboard.

Only AMIGA makes it possible !

Durniplot

Just last week I sent my two NOS A1200’s and the CD32 to a professional recapper (well, retro electronics repair guy, really, who’s done hundreds of Amigas), so that part is taken care of.

As for the A500, I’ll get back to you when I find the time to test it again. I had it working briefly for a little while, both with the VXL and without, but the last time I removed the vxl and put the 68k back it just seemed completely dead, nothing happened at all when trying to power it on.

Admin

bigdan

@Bladerunner : compte fictif désactivé, Xème tentative de Spacedjgrat..

@Durniplot
              : welcome abroad ! Have you received my little parcel with CD32 games (with a modern fox stamp) ?

Durniplot

Thanks!

No, the parcel hasn’t arrived yet. Everything shipped from outside Norway is slooooow to arrive, almost always. Probably stuck in customs review still. I tend to blame this on Norway being proper EU members, only sort of associated, but I don’t know, really.

Waiting for the postal services sucks 🙂

Mathdea

Hello mate,

Welcome on board. I hope you will have delighting moments on the

forum, and that we can help you getting back in tracks.

Best

Amiga 500 Rev6
                  Amiga 500 Rev5
                  Amiga 1200 + MTEC68030
                  Amiga 4000/030

7 sujets de 1 à 7 (sur un total de 7)

• Vous devez être connecté pour répondre à ce sujet.

Forums Communauté Présentations Durniplot

Amiga Impact