vu sur amigaworld: hazydave (aka:Dave Haynie) nous dit que m

2 sujets de 1 à 2 (sur un total de 2)

• rax

http://amigaworld.net/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?mode=viewtopic&topic_id=33564&forum=25&start=540&viewmode=flat&order=0#611325

A prendre tel que avec des big “Maybe, if etc..”

The MorphOS project came from Phase V… after Phase V ended, former employees started up BPlan (eg, “Plan B”), who eventually merged with a couple folks from Thendic France to form Genesi.

Now, I do not have direct personal knowledge of all MorphOS sources. But back when Phase 5 was working on their “C Exec” and other things, starting to re-create AmigaOS themselves in the mid-1990s, I was working with Andy Finkel at Amiga Technologies. The Phase 5 guys were really after AT to use tome of their stuff (and pay them, natch). Andy did a code review of the C Kernel, and found it was copied from AmigaOS source code. In fact, even the comments were copied, assembler to C.

Maybe MorphOS is clean, maybe not. Maybe no one actually knows. But that’s such a transgression, I wouldn’t trust anyone involved in Phase 5, or any code that can be traced back to Phase 5.

voir les autres post de Dave à la suite

Ca sent la re-ouverture de la guerre…

rax

@itix

They still don’t understand clean room development. If you have seen the Amiga source code, you cannot produce a legally separate work-alike. So any copied comments are absolute proof that the code is dirty. And they’re not rejecting my claim, if you go back into those linked documents, that the comments were copied.

Point in fact — I just don’t care about MorphOS. It’s not AmigaOS, it might as well be Windows for all I care. If you like it, I’m pretty certain at this point no new legal entanglements are going to happen. If the MorphOS people would like to swear in public that not a line of code or comment is copied from the AmigaOS sources or derived from the Phase 5 code (fruits of a poisonous tree, in legal terms), I will not mention MorphOS again.

2 sujets de 1 à 2 (sur un total de 2)

• Vous devez être connecté pour répondre à ce sujet.

Forums AmigaOS, MorphOS et AROS Guéguerres vu sur amigaworld: hazydave (aka:Dave Haynie) nous dit que m

Amiga Impact